does logging.config support extension handlers?

j vickroy jim.vickroy at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 6 15:14:53 EDT 2004

It seems that custom handlers (i.e., any not included with the logging
package distribution) can not be used in configuration files.

Is that correct?

If incorrect, could someone point me to a simple example?  I can not get
this to work.

The only possibly relevant statement I have found in the documentation is:

" The class entry indicates the handler's class (as determined by eval() in
the logging package's namespace). "

about midway in section "6.28.7.2 Configuration file format".

Thanks,

-- jv