Xah Lee's Unixism

Alan Balmer albalmer at att.net
Thu Sep 2 16:21:07 EDT 2004

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:28:16 +0100, Rupert Pigott
<roo at try-removing-this.darkboong.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Alan Balmer wrote:
>
>> Huh? Linux is only recently paying some attention to the POSIX
>> standards. I don't know the current level of compliance, though I'm
>
>Nah, that's been going on since at least 1994 when I installed it.

That's what I mean - it's been (and is still) "going on." It ain't
soup yet., and only recently (imo) has it been taken seriously. I
think pthreads were the defining point for me.

It is certainly not the case that Linux was written by following the
POSIX "recipe."

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting