WxInter

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Sat Sep 11 13:18:02 EDT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:37:46 -0500, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com>
wrote:

>    Tom> It seems that the thing that people like about Tk is the Canvas
>    Tom> object has anyone tried the wxFloatCanvas as a replacement.
>
>    >> Where is it?
>
>    Michael> http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.lib.floatcanvas.FloatCanvas.FloatCanvas-class.html
>
>Ah, thanks.  Looking quickly at that I didn't see anything like Tk's tag
>capability.  Compare the above with
>
>    http://epydoc.sourceforge.net/stdlib/public/Tkinter.Canvas-class.html
>
>Note all the tag manipulation stuff.

Where can I find some real world examples of how this class and these
tags are used? Are they basically vector shapes that can have their
Z-Order changed (i.e. they are layered), or is there something else
I'm missing here?

I'll see if we can do something about getting this added into wx. (If
someone hasn't already coded up a solution.) It certainly seems like
there's some agreement that this is the core functionality that
TkInter has that keeps some people from using wx. ;-)

Thanks,

Kevin