New to Python

Erik Heneryd erik at heneryd.com
Wed Sep 22 11:28:43 EDT 2004

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:
> Jimmie Webb wrote:
>

>>Gee whiz.  Don't jump down my throat for some oversite.  It's not
>>like I haven't put forth an effort trying to find out the problem
>>before posting! Yeah,  your right I was reading the "CREATE TABLE
>>line out of the SIL file. Thanks (I think)

> As far as anyone could see, you didn't do even the most basic debugging.
>
> Tim Delaney

Haven't followed the thread, but...

I can't help to crack a smile every time I see that URL.  I doubt it
ever helped anyone, still it comes up now and then, typically when
people get tired of answering stupid questions from lazy newbies.

So, how likely is it that people too lazy to RTFM/STFW will even
consider some 10 000 word article (on *asking questions*, not whatever
their problem might be)?  Not very, I say.  Most will probably not even
get past the *table of contents*.  Funny thing is that people don't seem
to realize this - that's it's just another way to say "STFU and RTFM,
newbie".

Erik