i am going to get crazy!!!

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Wed Sep 15 23:26:14 EDT 2004

Carlos Ribeiro writes:

> However, I *have* to point out something that I just realized
> after debating the whole IDE issue over the past few days.
> One of the things that many IDE-type programmers miss is not
> the IDE itself... but a common framework to develop new
> applications. Good IDEs go a step beyond code editing, and
> are very well integrated with a framework for application
> development. They will automatically generate much of the
> code that is needed to start the design of a new application.
> Many business programmers love this stuff, as it frees them
> from thinking about event loops, message handling, etc -- and
> allows them to focus on the form design and business logic
> (that's whats business programming is really about).

Carlos, I've been reluctant to post anything because all I have
to offer is vaporware at the moment, but everything you have
said you want, we want too, and plan on putting into our
product, "Dabo", which we hope to have a 1.0 of by year-end
2005. That may be too ambitious, but if you ignore the fact
that there is no IDE and no report writer yet, it is already
quite capable.

http://dabodev.com

3-tier business app development framework and IDE.

--
Paul McNett
Independent Software Consultant