ANN: YAPDL

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Sep 1 18:11:15 EDT 2004

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

>                  TundraWare Inc. Press Announcement
>                       For Immediate Release
>                       ---------------------
>
> Announcing:  Yet Another Python Derived Language (YAPDL)

I think you should reconsider the name.  It could easily
be confused with a popular project called YAML, and could
also be pronounced "Ya-piddle" which would conflict with
the Python project PIDDLE, a graphics module, which is
also on Sourceforge.

Sheesh... you would think these guys would have learned
a lesson from others.  I'm almost positive there was another
thread like this just this week, but my notoriously bad
memory is failing me and I don't know about things like
Google which would help me supplement it...

-Peter