[OT] "Pre-announcement" of Python-based "computing appliance" project.

Richard Hanson me at privacy.net
Fri Sep 24 02:12:49 EDT 2004

Jack Diederich wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 05:53:16PM -0700, Richard Hanson wrote:
>
> > Ksenia Marasanova wrote [about my project's "code-name"]:
> >
> > > Just be aware, there is also a Mac program called Pathfinder, in case
> > > you wanted to keep the name...
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > (I've already thought of Doors... -- doors are more useful than
> > windows, aren't they? ;-) )
>
> Hmm, you could go with Daleth, the Hewbrew letter that means Door.
> A glance at the first google page shows no software with that moniker.
> As a logo it isn't terribly sexy, but you could work on it (the current
> trend seems to be dropshadow, dropshadow, dropshadow).  It also sounds
> vaugely "Dr Who."

As I just replied to David Lees -- I didn't signal adequately that I
was not soliciting names for the project at this juncture, but was
merely attempting some levity. :-) I *should* have realized from the
recent "naming threads" what might happen... -- my bad! :-p

However, I *like* Daleth -- you're right, it is a bit Dr Who-ish.

Thanks! Non-English words will be a fruitful pool to fish for names in
-- when the time comes.

oops!-now-I've-done-it'ly y'rs,
Richard Hanson

--
sick<PERI0D>old<P0INT>fart<PIE-DEC0-SYMB0L>newsguy<MARK>com