Python-LDAP for Win32

Brian Beck exogen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:00:54 EDT 2004

As far as I can tell, both maintainers[1] of the Windows builds of
Python-LDAP[2] haven't updated in about a year.  This doesn't exactly
make the builds ancient or obsolete, but it would be nice to start
fresh with the latest version.

I've tried without success in building it myself.  The hardest part is
simply that Python-LDAP is dependent on at LEAST two other projects --
OpenLDAP and Cyrus SASL.  This increases the difficulty three-fold.

I know that Windows users are a minority when it comes to this module,
but surely someone at least KNOWS how to get this to build on Windows.
 I would be happy to maintain and host an updated build if only I
could get this to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[1] http://www.zope.org/Members/volkerw/LdapWin32
    http://www.siosistemi.it/~mcicogni/

[2] http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/