up with PyGUI!

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Sep 15 00:28:46 EDT 2004

aleaxit at yahoo.com (Alex Martelli) writes:

> Jorge Godoy <godoy at ieee.org> wrote:
>> > It says explicitly what toolkits are used. Don't you know how gtk2 looks
>> > like?
>>
>> Yes, I do, but I don't know how it is supposed to look like from this
>> toolit perspective... If I wanted everything exactly like GTK2, I'd
>> probably use it.
>
> ...and then it would look the same on a Mac, instead of a nice Aqua
> lool, right...?
>
> It seems to me that the point of PyGUI is ease of programming, rather
> than look-and-feel, which are supposed to be native on each platform
> (except no native win32 is supported yet, as far as I understand).

This was the point when I asked for screenshots. ;-)

I was just answering to the "you know how GTK2 looks like" question.

Even with a nice description and with the used toolkits described, I see
no reason to not include a screenshot or at least an hiperlink to some
screenshots.

It is weird see a GUI project with no GUI screen in its description.

--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>