run a python script located on linux from a windows computer

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 04:37:22 EDT 2004

[toaster at compass-it.ch]
| i have a computer with redhat linux. on this computer i have some
| python scripts i want to run. i don't want to run them with linux but
| with windows. so i have a second computer (win) with python installed.
| how can i lauch the script on the linux?

It's not clear to me whether you want to run a Python script
on your Linux box from your Windows box or vice versa, or
something else. If all you want to do is launch something
on Linux from Windows, you could use ssh, but I expect you
knew that.

If what you need is a more transparent way to call Python
scripts on Linux from Windows, you might consider Pyro
(http://pyro.sf.net). It makes these things really easy.
Or you've got xml-rpc, CORBA and doubtless other methods
of passing things around.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk