[q] chunked encoding in httplib

christopher at baus.net christopher at baus.net
Mon Sep 6 18:41:16 EDT 2004

I e-mailed Greg Stein, the implementor of httplib, directly on this topic
since there is so much traffic on this mailing list now, but alas he has
an auto-responder as well...

So...

I was wondering if the chunked encoding parser in libhttp supports chunk
trailers as described here:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.6.1

I'm using libhttp for some of the testing of a proxy server I am working
on which is described here:

http://www.baus.net/archives/000137.html

I doesn't seem that this information is available in the libhttp response
object.  I'm currently considering not supporting trailers (ie assuming
they are always empty), as I don't know of any real world example where
they are used.

TIA,

Christopher
www.baus.net