Xah Lee's Unixism

Charlie Gibbs cgibbs at kltpzyxm.invalid
Tue Sep 21 14:31:16 EDT 2004

In article <cipaqk$jfo$1 at grandcanyon.binc.net>, spam at nimblegen.com
(Chuck Dillon) writes:

>SM Ryan wrote:
>
>> In short, ding dong, the President _does_ have independent
>> intelligence gatherring ability. It's called the executive
>> branch, and it's at his beck and call for all legal orders.
>> It's that commander in chief bit.
>
>You missed the part of the constitution that speaks of checks and
>balances.  By definition the 3 branches are co-dependent.

GWB's conduct during the recent gay marriage flap was enough to
convince me of just how much of a pain in the ass he considers an
independent judiciary to be.  Considering that a couple of Supreme
Court judges are delaying their retirement just to try to fend him
off a little longer, I'd say that some of the judiciary agree.

--
/~\  cgibbs at kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
\ /  I'm really at ac.dekanfrus if you read it the right way.