Python as alternative to Visual Basic

drs drs at remove-to-send-mail-ecpsoftware.com
Tue Sep 21 16:58:47 EDT 2004

"Aaron Ginn" <google_groups at theginnfamily.net> wrote in message
news:cipi5g$irq$1 at avnika.corp.mot.com...
> I just want to thank everyone who has responded thus far.  It seems like
> Python will do what I require in terms of its COM interoperability.
> That's very good news!  WxPython sounds like my best alternative to
> creating a cross-platform interface with what appears to be a nice
> Windows look and feel.  That's something I'll definately investigate.

The responses here have glossed over that if the OP is using COM, there
really is no need for a cross platform GUI, and if the choice is between VB6
and Python, again there is no cross platform issue.*  That said, I have
found that creating interfaces in VB6 and objects in Python is a great way
to get the best of both worlds.

-d

Perhaps the exception is using pyro to remotly control COM objects from a
*nix box.