Xah Lee's Unixism

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Sat Sep 4 10:58:06 EDT 2004

jmfbahciv at aol.com writes:
> That was my next question :-).  How did you manage?

the first i remember was two story with steep roof.  i got to demolish
the brick chimmny in the middle of the house... and remove the bricks
...  lifting the house for the timbers to go under and move, there
wouldn't be anything to support the chimney. when the house came to
the wires, i went up thru the hole in the roof where the chimney had
been; walk out to the edge and gather the wires and lift them above
the peek ... and walk with them as the house moved under the wires. i
was 12. several years later, one of my uncles fell off the roof of a
house being moved and died.