glossary wiki

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 7 23:20:50 EDT 2004

    >> This brings up the question of standard terminology (e.g. for
    >> namespace). If one googles for python glossary, the top references
    >> are mostly
    >>
    >> http://manatee.mojam.com/python-glossary
    >>
    >> which seems not to have caught on so far (mea culpa too, since it
    >> takes volunteers ;-/ ).

    Brian> On "the effort where my mouth is" principle I have gone and added
    Brian> several entries: duck typing, dynamically typed, statically
    Brian> typed, and type. But, as a newbie, I am not wholly confident that
    Brian> what I have said is entirely right.

    Brian> So please, if anyone has an interest in keeping a good glossary
    Brian> up to date, surf by http://manatee.mojam.com/python-glossary and
    Brian> heal my errors or extend the glossary yourself.

I'm happy to see the Python Glossary used and updated.  My main aim in
creating it was to build input for the glossary at the end of the Python
tutorial though.  It's been quite awhile since I or anyone else made a pass
through it looking for new entries to copy to the tutorial.  (I never
expected to copy everything either.)

Skip