Python 3.0, rich comparisons and sorting order

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:55:04 EDT 2004

Jeremy Bowers <jerf <at> jerf.org> writes:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:42:35 +0000, Steven Bethard wrote:
> > Is there a good use case for binary trees with incompatible types at the
> > nodes?
>
> See the ZODB's BTree-based storage.

So, I googled for this, and it looked to me like just a BTree implementation --
 not a use case.  But since you didn't tell me what the use case was, I may
not have googled for the right thing...

Note that I'm not asking if they *allow* a user to store incompatible types.
I'm asking for a case when a user *wants* to store incompatible types.

Steve