Python in Process Control?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Sep 30 11:55:09 EDT 2004

On 2004-09-30, Wolfgang Keller <wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de> wrote:

> is it that my know-how to use Google is insufficient or...
>
> ...does really noone use Python for industrial control applications?

I do -- I use Python to do DeviceNet stuff.

> At least I didn't manage to find any publicly available
> modules for such things as OPC/fieldbus communication etc...

I couldn't find any publically available DeviceNet modules for
_any_ language.  That doesn't mean nobody is writing programs
that talk DeviceNet.  ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I hope the
                                  at               "Eurythmics" practice birth