open and shut case

Curt curty at free.fr
Mon Sep 13 10:30:02 EDT 2004

On 2004-09-12, John J. Lee <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:

>> What the .... ??! Was that supposed to be funny?  The smiley
>> suggests you thought it was.  It isn't.  It's crude and rude.

> Now *I'm* left thinking "What the.." .  That went over my head...  How
> is it crude, or rude??

I didn't understand the ferocity of this reaction either nor could I imagine
what impure thoughts he was imputing to your rather innocent brain.  It was
as if you had made some sort of snide, lasciviously abject remark for
which you should justifiably be banned from decent society for the rest of
your life.  This inspired me to re-read what you had written in order to
savor the utter degradation of your comment which had either passed over
or under the sea level of my moral sensitivities.

But whatever it was or was imagined to be, if anything, is beyond
me.