annoying behavior

Patrick Maupin pmaupin at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 29 22:42:26 EDT 2004

Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Patrick Maupin wrote:
> > But, in Python, instances are "open".  This means that I can add
> > attributes to a class instance at _any_ time
>
> Just to make it really clear what Patrick is saying:
   ... (code excised here)
> If you don't want a dynamic language, don't use Python!
>
> -Chris

This is a great example, but just to make sure that no beginners are
confused, I would like to point out that this example is of an actual
class (rather than a class instance) being modified dynamically (when
foo.r is assigned the value False), which was discussed in the
original post, but not in the snippet above the example.

Regards,
Pat