os.system vs. Py2Exe

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Sep 28 15:15:52 EDT 2004

On 2004-09-28, Lad <export at hope.cz> wrote:

> Yes, I installed all files( I think) because everything else
> works. Only os.system does NOT.  I use os.system to open txt
> file.I use it like os.system('Myfile.txt')

What makes you think that should work?

Is Myfile.txt an executable file?  Under Win32, don't
executble file's names usually end in .exe?

> When I use os.startfile instead  of os.system it works well.

Then why not use os.startfile()?  It's the correct way to start
the program that is supposed to handle .txt files.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Are we live or
                                  at               on tape?