Xah Lee's Unixism

CBFalconer cbfalconer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 22:17:36 EDT 2004

Alan Balmer wrote:

... snip ...

> The shuttle boosters are 3.7m diameter. Quite a bit larger than
> the gage of any railroad I've ever seen.

Clearance is more or less dependant on gauge.  The story is that
Lincolns assasination made the Pullman Co., because before that
many clearances were too small for his sleepers.  For the funeral
train they had to widen the clearances.

--
Some similarities between GWB and Mussolini:
a) The strut;  b) Making war until brought up short: