How to go about developing in zope

bruno modulix onurb at xiludom.gro
Mon Sep 20 18:15:32 EDT 2004

john a écrit :
> Josef Meile <jmeile at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<414a9787 at pfaff2.ethz.ch>...
>

>>I think the best way to develop such product is by using an external
>>database to store the data (for the zope interaction, you can use an
>>existent Zope Database Adapter - See the zope book for more info), doing
>>the interfaces with ZPT (Zope's Page Templates -> Don't use DTML), and
>>coding the logic on a python based product (forget about ZClasses)
>>

> But doing it this way is same as doing in php

Ho no...

>  or any
> other  framework like cherrypy.

Never used it, so I can't tell

> How does zope help me?

How would you know if you don't try ?

> From my understanding I think in zope we have to
> develop Zclasses  for objects not already available

Certainly not. Writing products (and eventually 'gluing' them with
scripts and the like) is much more easy (IMHO) and straightforward.

> which in this application can be timesheet etc.... Am
> I right??

Well... see above !-)

>Also how zope helps me to implement different kind of access
> level for users(admin,apprver,employee)

You'd know it if you'd RTFM.

> or I have to resort to plain
> old relational database for it too??

Why "too" ? You just don't need any RDBMS for this.

Bruno