file access in jythonc

Neil Benn benn at cenix-bioscience.com
Wed Sep 1 04:14:53 EDT 2004

John Howard wrote:

>"Diez B. Roggisch" <deetsNOSPAM at web.de> wrote in message news:<ch09pi$dh2$04$1 at news.t-online.com>...
>

>>>I've looked up the references below and done several searches of
>>>filepermissions. It seems to me that for jythonc to have any use in
>>>development of "practical" products, programs have to be able to
>>>access local files easily. If not, then this, in my opinion, is going

<snip>
Hello,

          The reason that you cannot access local files is for security
reasons.  If you could access local files; then what would stop an
applet running the (Jython) command :

os.remove("kernal32.dll")

    As the previous responder stated, you will need to understand the
java security model, beneath is a link to the Java Security Tutorial :

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/security1.2/

    I know that it is a pain the the arse to deal with but imagine what
a disaster it would be if the security wasn't there!

Cheers,

Neil

--

Neil Benn