Larry Wall & Cults

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 3 00:53:08 EDT 2004

[cc'ed to poster since I removed all the cross-posts from
c.l.py, which I'm guessing J. doesn't read]

J. Romano wrote:
>    After all, Perl programmers have been known to "use Curses", as
> well as hex(), bless(), and sin().  (Which might lead him to believe
> that Perl programmers will eventually pack() their belongings, split()
> from their families , and join an isolated community where there is
> nothing to do but study() until you die() (or your mind goes
> "pop()"!).

While Python programmers just import curses and hex().  We
also coerce() people into using indentation, which we
think is super() zip()py.  When things get complex() we
like to help() each other out.  To sum() it up, we're a
pretty open() bunch.

 > (My apologies if I offended any Python programmers.  It was not my
 > intention to associate the Python community with the original poster.)

No offense taken, and thanks for your input().  I
didn't think it was raw_input()   :)

But if you want to come round() our property() and object()
then zip() it.  And you'ld better not wait for the locals()
to reload() else we'll slice() you and reduce() you to
hash() ... pow() !

[I hadn't realized how violent Python's __builtins__ could be.]

That took too long() to set() up and enumerate().  I'm
max()ed out on puns, but hey, whatever float()s my boat,
eh?  'Course maybe if I had an intern() type() to appease
my id() I could 'quit'.

Now that that's sorted(), I'll grab my 'license' and a
map() then 'exit' to the golf range() to work on my slice().
If I apply() my self I could compile() my scores, or more
likely just toss them into the circular file().

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com