Xah Lee's Unixism

Gary Schenk gwschenk at fuzz.socal.rr.com
Fri Sep 3 20:49:18 EDT 2004

In comp.lang.perl.misc Alan Balmer <albalmer at att.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:58:35 GMT, gwschenk at fuzz.socal.rr.com (Gary
> Schenk) wrote:
>
>>In comp.lang.perl.misc Alan Balmer <albalmer at att.net> wrote:
>><snip>
>>>
>>> I'm not a fan of Mr Hatch, but blaming him for the shuttle disaster(s)
>>> is somewhat over the top. Why not blame President Bush? That's the
>>> popular thing nowadays.
>>>

>>IIRC, the vice-president is in charge of the space program, so shouldn't
>>President Bush accept some blame?
>
> The Vice President isn't "in charge" of the space program, except for
> Al Gore, who probably invented it.

Don't you dittoheads ever get your facts right?

http://www.jfklibrary.org/images/jfk-lbj01.jpg

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/cgi-bin/page.cgi/jb/modern/launch_1

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/163/1

> The shuttles were designed and built some considerable time before
> Bush became President.

True, although the first shuttle flight was in 1981, while Bush was vice-
president.

As the above references show, Bush was not head of the space council
as Reagan was not a fan. Bush was busy selling anthrax and missiles
to Iran and Iraq.

> Good try, though, the DNC would be proud.

I doubt it.

--
Gary Schenk
remove "fuzz" to reply