I think a problem occured when i used long()

Paul Rubin http
Wed Sep 1 22:18:53 EDT 2004

porky_pig_jr at my-deja.com (Porky Pig Jr) writes:
> Incidently, I remember seeing the thread somewhere re whether we need
> 128bit floating representation (with similarly adjusted number of bits
> for precision) and the general consensus was that the double covers
> pretty much all the bases.

The x86 supports 80 bit extended floats and I hope Python has a way to
use them (maybe with a build option).

I'd had the impression that some of the PowerPC processors support 128
bit floats, but I'm not sure of that.  And it may be limited to IBM
workstation processors, not Macs.