Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Sep 2 18:09:46 EDT 2004

Lucas Raab wrote:

>So it's not like Python if it's incompatible.

Uh, how do you figure that?

Java is like C++, but it's not compatible.
Javascript is like Java, but it's not compatible.
Visual Basic is like GWBasic, but it's not compatible.

I'm not convinced that there's a real need for something like PyCS (or
whatever it ends up being called), but I have no problem with it being
described as being "like" Python.  And whether there's a particular need
for it or not, I certainly don't see this as being any "worse", in
whatever sense, of a project than, say, building yet another Python web
framework...

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International