theme of the week: tools

Ian J Cottee ian at cottee.org
Tue Sep 28 00:09:37 EDT 2004

Dan Perl wrote:

> Right off the bat, the trial period was only 10 days.  I've evaluated quite
> a few tools that had a free trial period and I don't think I can remember of
> ever having only 10 days before.  Then, the GUI is kind of awkward in a few
> places (the "project tree view", or something like that, and the toolbars).

In fairness, the initial period is 10 days but it can be renewed at the
end of that for another 10 days. The renewal procedure is done online
and takes about 10 seconds. I also *think* that during the beta period
you can repeatedly renew anyway.

I agree with your comments about the GUI - it's just so busy but I feel
that with all the alternatives. Apart from Emacs of course ;-).

Ian