uncompressed size of .gz file

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Mon Sep 20 05:21:58 EDT 2004

Am Montag, 20. September 2004 07:32 schrieb frankabel:
> Just a question: in line "return struct.unpack("<i", f.read())[0]"
> I think that better will be "<I" instead "<i", but you are the guru :),
> please tell me if I'm wrong.

You should be fine using "<I", but I'd rather look out whether it's really
always "<", as this means little-endian. I don't know whether gzipped files
are always written as little endian (this would feel strange, as big-endian
is the "portable way"), or whether they are dependent on the host platform
they were generated on. I'd do some reading up on this before really fixing
for a solution...

Heiko.