Electronic voting feasibility

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 10 12:48:53 EDT 2004

Greg Steffensen wrote:
> My goal is to write an easy-to-use, python based system to allow small
> organizations to conduct online elections using sound cryptography.

What is "sound cryptography"?  It seems too close to me to
"sound science" which is a code phrase for "science subsumed
by political decisions" (my interpretation).  For details, see
Chris Mooney's article at http://www.alternet.org/story/18696
where he asks "if it isn't good science, then what exactly
is it?"

The term "sound cryptography", btw, only gets 27 hits on Google.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled c.l.py, and
my apologies for the knee-jerk reaction.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com