Problem with 2.4(alpha3)

Batista, Facundo FBatista at uniFON.com.ar
Fri Sep 3 13:47:00 EDT 2004

[Will McGugan]

#- After installing the lastest alpha, on Win 2k, I found that
#- my scripts
#- no longer worked. It turns out that the .py file assocations had the
#- switches -n and -e set for 'open'. pyhton.exe was reporting unkown
#- option for these switches. I removed them and it seems to
#- have fixed it.
#-
#- Is there a problem with the installer, or some other issue when
#- installing 2.4 over 2.3.4?

Exactly the same problem, and the same solution. I'm on Win 2k, SP 4.

I previously had Py2.3.4 and Py2.4a2. When installed Py2.4a3 (over a2) found
this problem. So I uninstalled Py2.4 and reinstalled it again (this time, of
course, was not over Py2.4a2). And still the same problem.

Corrected the file type association, and I'm OK, with the exception that I
don't have "Open with IDLE" in the context menu!

.	Facundo