Module Pygame - "FadeOut" text

Michael Sparks zathras at thwackety.com
Fri Sep 24 16:23:07 EDT 2004

Askari wrote:

> "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote in
> news:mailman.3868.1096052483.5135.python-list at python.org:
>

>> "Askari" <askari at addressNonValide.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xns956E4F8F8C192askariaddressNonVali at 207.35.177.135...
>>> (Help for Pygame module)
>>
>> There is a separate mailing list for Pygame, a third-party package.
>> It can be accessed as a newsgroup via news.gmane.org
>> as gmane.comp.python.pygame.
..
> And why I can't request info for a third-party package on this group?
> It's python, a "third-party package", yes, but it's too python... :-|

You can ask anywhere. You get an increased likelihood of a useful answer
depending _where_ you ask. If you ask about a third-party package here you
might get an answer. If that third-party package has a mailing list
newsgroup of its own however you have a higher likelihood of getting that
answer. Since it's a python related question I'll agree you have a greater
likelihood of answer here than (say) uk.media.tv, but there are better
places to ask. (Where better is defined as "more likely to get answer"
rather than "appropriate place to ask question")

I suspect (I don't know) that Terry was letting you know about that list in
case you didn't know, and because you're more likely to get an answer
there.

After all, you *could* argue (say) that pygame is a games library, so I'll
ask in a games programming newsgroup (can't think of one, but...). If you
had done so, I suspect you'd be less likely to get an answer there than
here.

> I DON'T WANT use this mail list!

What we want to do, and what we have to do to get answers are not always the
same thing. FWIW, if I used pygame and knew the answer I'd answer here, but
I don't so I can't. I can understand not wanting to join another mailing
list - why not try the newsgroup mentioned? Can't hurt to post to a second
newsgroup, can it?

Regards,

Michael.