HappyDoc not so happy?

Dan Perl danperl at rogers.com
Sun Sep 26 12:51:35 EDT 2004

Does anyone know what is happening with HappyDoc?  I downloaded the latest
release (3.0 from April, 2003) but it cannot even be installed (there is a
bug report for that already).  Is anyone still working on it?

What other similar tools for extracting documentation would you recommend?
I find pydoc extremely rudimentary and I am using epydoc instead.  However,
I found a bug in epydoc that's a big thorn in my side (although it's a great
tool otherwise) so I am looking for alternatives.  I tried an older release
of HappyDoc (2.1) but I'm not "happy" with it either and I find it
definitely worse than epydoc.

What is Zope using these days?  HappyDoc advertises that it is used by Zope,
but that's probably an old reference.  I also found a reference to a ZAPIDOC
project in Zope, but that seems to be dead too.