Python as alternative to Visual Basic

Graeme Matthew contrado at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 21 01:52:42 EDT 2004

As an ex VB developer who jumped to Python, I can say that you do not need
to worry about its worability on windows. If youre using Access / excel etc
then Pythonon has a com library so even ADO connections are fine. To connect
to SQL etc simply use the Win32 ODBC package found in the Python Win32All
installation.

In terms of GUI's there is wxWindows which is cross platform and Tkinter
which is proven on both platforms. I have not investigated this one yet but
there is also Mono the open source .NET standard this in theory would should
allow you to call the .NET Framework and use its objects / libraries

I would say and this is my biggest concern is what is Microsoft up to in the
next few years and where is .NET going?
news:cin0d0$ani$1 at avnika.corp.mot.com...