Python or 4NT? With a question or two about popen()

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Sep 13 16:55:08 EDT 2004

In article <95c29a5e.0409121552.af6bdba at posting.google.com>,
Robin Siebler <robin.siebler at palmsource.com> wrote:

>I have a bunch of command line tests that I need to automate.  I've
>run into too many bugs with the default Win2k command shell, so I need
>to either purchase 4NT or handle the logic and output processing with
>Python.  I'm looking for experiences, comments, problems, etc.

While I haven't done any Windows shell programming for years, I used to
be a heavy 4DOS user (and I think I actually purchased 4NT at one
point).  These days, I wouldn't even consider 4NT for anything serious.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  --Ralph Waldo Emerson