Changes in this release docs

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Sep 17 16:59:18 EDT 2004

Jeff Blaine wrote:
> I guess I should have used the exact wording.
>
> http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/whatsnew23.html

Thanks. I really did not know what you were referring to, because
there also is

http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.html
http://www.python.org/2.3/NEWS.txt

>> But is it asked to much for users to read the PEP when they want
>> to find out the rationale for a change?
>

> I'm not really interested in rationalization of a change.  That's
> what the PEPs are for.

I thought you were asking for information why a change is made.
To me, this is the same as asking "what was the rationale for the
change"; that question is (or should be) answered in the PEP.

> That said, I wholeheartedly thank Andrew K. for his many years of
> work on the language, and don't mean to slight his document.

And indeed, it might be better to direct remarks about this document
directly to him. He is the only one making changes to it, so only he
can offer more than sympathy.

Regards,
Martin