How can I pass objects in a web page?

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Tue Sep 21 18:16:32 EDT 2004

Brian Bull:
> Subject: Re: How can I pass objects in a web page?
> passing the object from one static page to another via a
> link.  Is this possible?

Cliff Wells:
> The web, being stateless, usually requires that you
> "rebuild the world" with every mouse click.

"The web" may be stateless, but that doesn't mean web servers must be.
Get a server with persistent processes, like Apache2+modpython, pass a
hash key around your pages if needed, and save yourself both the disk
I/O and the object-to-storage mapping inherent in DB or shelve
solutions.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries