List rotation

M. Clift noone at here.com
Thu Sep 30 13:01:33 EDT 2004

Hi ,

I must say thankyou to all of you who have helped with this.

They translate the lists fine as I have explained so far, but there are some
problems with the list that I use. I did not explain that what I'm trying to
do is transpose a melody for fear of those of you who do not know music
theory not being able to give me valuable advice (That is if I had explained
all the possibilities - I thought that I had, but didn't ) .

As I said in the lists I have shown so far the transpose works. The problem
is is that a melody could be say ['C', 'E', 'B', 'F'], which should
transpose in the key of G to ['G', 'B', 'F#', 'D'] or in the key of F to

I now have something to work with and again thankyou to all, but if anyone
who understands a bit about music could offer any help I would be grateful.
I thought about trying to explain the problem further for non musicians, but
after I considered the possibility of double shaps and flats I thought it
best to not pester anyone.

Malcolm