Parsing HTML

Anders Eriksson anders.eriksson at morateknikutveckling.se
Thu Sep 23 06:06:18 EDT 2004

Hello Ben!

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:11:15 +0100, Ben Last wrote:

> There are several HTML parsers, but many (including me) speak well of
> Beautiful Soup; it doesn't try to check for correctness or do any
> validation, it just parses the HTML.
> http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

It seems like something I could use, except I don't really get how.

The sample that parses ESPN's pitch-by-pitch summaries of baseball games,
look like it would do something like the thing I want to do. The problem is
that the script doesn't do anything. I guess that the web page has
changed...

Is there some other place I can go to see some more samples on using
BeautifulSoup or maybe more documentation?

// Anders