Postgresql - Preferred Python Library

Harald Massa cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com
Fri Sep 10 02:28:01 EDT 2004

> I have noticed that there are a numbe rof client libraries for
> connecting to Postgres.
> Can anyone tell me what is the recommended Python library for database
> connections

I recommend pyPgSQL - http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/

it gives you high level (DBAPI2) and if you wish also low level access
(libpq)

Twisted seems to use it, to.

Be happy! There are only around 3 PostgreSQL connectors. There is still the
rumour that Python "autopromotion from int to long" was introduced because
a *bot wanted to write a skript to count Python Webframeworks. In the old
times everybody started his own webframework, nowaday everybody starts her
own Python like language.

Harald