[Mac OS X] How to create double-clickable Python scripts

Glenn Andreas gandreas at no.reply
Mon Sep 27 13:07:49 EDT 2004

In article <cj9fuk$7ci$01$1 at news.t-online.com>, Markus <m.a.r.k at gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've written a couple of Python scripts on OS X that I would like to
> start from the Finder by doing a double-click on them. I guess I have to
> create a Package.
>
> Does anybody know an easy way to create such a package? Or where can I
> find more information about how to do this manually?

If all you want to do is make a simple script that does nothing more
than standard input/output, you can use PyOXIDE's "Build Consolet"
command to make a simple little "console applet".
<http://projects.gandreas.com/pyoxide>

If you want a full blown UI, you'll probably want to use PyObjC and
bundlebuilder to actually make the final app.