build 64bit python on Solaris

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Sep 21 14:26:54 EDT 2004

Jhy-Chun Wang wrote:

> I need to load 64bit C++ modules, will 32bit python do the work? I did
> try -g alone, but still failed with the same error.

No, in that case, you will need a 64-bit version.

Something is wrong in your system (it might be Python, it might be your
system). However, I cannot start guessing what it might be. So you need
to use a debugger and find out why it crashes. It looks like it is a
problem with memory management, so be prepared for very long debugging
sessions.

Good luck,
Martin