Python binaries for Solaris, HP-UX

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 18 11:48:26 EDT 2004

Mathias Waack <M.Waack at gmx.de> writes:

> Paul Moore wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for binaries of Python (2.3.4, preferably) which run on
>> Solaris and HP-UX. I need to be able to install them as a non-root
>> user (hence, to a private directory, something like ~/bin).
>
> HP offers precompiled packages of free software at the DSPP pages:
> http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,4682,00.html

That installs to /usr/local, unfortunately. As I said, I need
something that will install as an unprivileged user :-( I suspect
that Sun's version is similar (ones I found via websearch certainly
were).

Thanks,
Paul.
--
It was a machine, and as such only understood one thing. Being clobbered
with big hammers was something it could relate to. -- Tom Holt