annoying behavior

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:05:30 EDT 2004

On 28 Sep 2004 15:38:28 -0700, Elbert Lev <elbertlev at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Dittmar <daniel.dittmar at sap.corp> wrote in message news:<cjc61h$ag0$1 at news2.wdf.sap.corp>...
>
> I think, it would be good, if some sort of warning is given during
> import, but not during instantiating the instance of the class. At
> least in a "debug" mode. What really did happen: the bug was reported
> after the scrip was running for 30 minutes. PyCheck finds it
> immediatelly. Why not to do the same kind of check in the interpreter?

... jumping in the discussion just to point out that you're now asking
for something reasonable, while on your first message you were asking
for the opposite -- to make the interpreter *less* restrict. It's no
wonder people answered like that...

BTW, the problem with pychecker, in my not-so-humble opinion, is that
it may be regarded as slow, or a little too obstrusive for continuous
usage. But that's my opinion anyway.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos