Urlopen.urlretrieve(url, to) can it be canceled/stopped/killed

Justin justin__devine at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:07:41 EDT 2004

does anybody know if there is a way to stop urlretrieve mid transfer or
are you simply bound to finishing the file you are on?  If anybody
knows the answer to this let me know.  i have read all the docs and
there is a callback or reporthook function, but I am not sure if that
can be used to halt the progress and close the socket.

-Justin

This is the final feature on my first program
Thanks to all the help from all on comp.lang.python