Compiling Python 2-3.4 on Tru64 UNIX V4.0F

Unixtrekkor hbostic at santeecooper.com
Fri Sep 17 10:48:35 EDT 2004

I made it past the compilation errors by editing pyconfig.h.in.  The
setgrp and getgrp module settings were set to undef.  Now I see the
following errors:

rm -r /lgyr/library/lib
ar cr /lgyr/library/lib Modules/getbuildinfo.o
ar:  Error:  /lgyr/library/lib not in archive format
*** Exit 1
Stop

Does anyone know what library should be used?  Thanks.

Heuguette