It's in Python. It just _works_!

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Sep 2 20:12:54 EDT 2004

Grant Edwards wrote:

> Today, just for fun, I decide to try to run it under Win32.
> After installing the Numeric and Gnuplot modules, I only had to
> make 1-line changes to two places in the code, and it started
> working.

I was similarly surprised when, after writing ZOE (a simple 3D rendering
engine using OpenGL) for Linux, I decided on a whim to try it on Windows
(since I don't use Windows for anything other than playing games).
After installing PyOpenGL, a fairly involved simulation worked with
absolutely no hitches.  In my case, I didn't even have to change one
line of code!

Now, granted, the whole purpose of OpenGL is platform independence.  But
my experience has been that hardly matters when you're trying to get
things working on Windows ...

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && AIM erikmaxfrancis