found bakups of code I never asked for ---

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Sep 9 22:51:46 EDT 2004

"Anon" > : You should/can run Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup
periodically with
> : 'clear temp files' checked.  Will solve more problems than just this.
> :
> : TJR
>

> So it's not a python functionality, but a windows one??

Many Windows programs to leave junk in the Temp directory.  That is why
Disk Cleanup has the option to clean that directory.  So changing the
behavior of PythonWin to your liking will not change anything else ;-)  You
should also select Delete Temporary Internet Files.  I suspect that too few
users of Outlook Express know that it copies download media files of at
least some types to a subdirectory of that directory and does *not* delete
that copy when one does 'delete all downloaded files'.  I just check
everything in Disk Cleanup and have never had a problem.  I also defragment
regularly.

Terry J.Reedy