constructing binary backslash-n

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 00:05:37 EDT 2004

Steven Arnold <stevena <at> neosynapse.net> writes:

> > '\\n'
> >
> > (I just learned this today in an earlier thread...)
>
> Yes!  Perfect.  I assume your backslashes got screwed up like my
> earlier message.

Weird, yes.  If I look at my email at gmane or in my newsgroups through
Thunderbird, I see only <backslash><backslash> (that is, just two)...  Seems
like maybe there's something weird in your reader -- I can see that your
forward of my text does have the 4 backslashes.

Anyway, I'm glad it helped.  One of the things I love about this newsgroup is
that every time I learn something new, I immediately find a use for it.  =)

Steve