Electronic voting feasibility

Jason Lai jmlai at uci.edu
Fri Sep 10 09:45:10 EDT 2004

Istvan Albert wrote:
> Jaime Wyant wrote:
>
>> I think the negativity is well founded.  http://www.blackboxvoting.org/
>

> I was referring to the real voting not the real-electronic voting.
>
> I can't judge whether this site speaks the truths or not but
> their tone and style is very aggressive, steamrolling and
> manipulative. Read a few sites that argue that the world
> is flat or smoking is good for your health.
>
> Istvan.

Well, they certainly have an agenda. I wouldn't say particularly
manipulative though, especially compared to any sort of politician. And
I think you'll find a lot more support for this particular site than for
the Flat Earth Society.

There are definitely issues with electronic voting, regardless of
whether that site's contents and claims are true, and right now in the
U.S. many of them are political rather than technological.

  - Jason